Preventing the road to diabetes starts with food:
- Reduce carbohydrate intake, keep your net carbohydrates, minus fiber, under 50 grams a day
- Consume just enough protein for your body weight and energy expenditure, not in excess
- Replace these with greater amounts of high quality fat.
- Correct your omega 3-to-omega 6 ratio imbalance. Omega-3, is found in fatty fish such as wild Alaskan salmon, sardines, anchovies, fish and krill oil. Omega-6, is primarily found in processed vegetable & seed oils and thus processed and fried foods
- Choose organic, non-GMO, fresh, and local foods where possible
Exercise & Movement
Exercise is a powerful way to lower your insulin levels and reverse leptin resistance. Excessive sitting and sedentary behavior is the “new” smoking. Install a standing-sitting desk in your work place, walk while you talk, be mindful of taking breaks and moving around.
Optimize important Nutrients
Optimize your gut microbiome
- Reduce NSAIDs, antibiotics, and avoid toxins found in foods, personal care products, scented products, household cleaners, garden supplies, air, and water.
- Increase fermented foods, and consider using prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and bitters.
Consider sleep hygiene and aim for 7 to 8 hours per night.
Monitor your fasting insulin level
<5 or lower is the desired serum level. The higher your level, the worse your insulin sensitivity.
Optimize your physiology
- We are electrical being and optimal functioning requires light, negative electrons, adequate electrolytes, and touch from another living being.
- Ensure adequate hydration with filtered water and sea salt.